“More than a training module, this body-mind approach offers you a real transformative experience.”
This Core Strokes workshop can be taken after successful completion of modules I & II.
What is/are Core Strokes ?
The Core Strokes method was developed by Dirk Marivoet after 30 years of practice and teaching.
This psycho-corporal method combines the theoretical and practical aspects of the following approaches:
- Postural Integration, Energetic Integration and Pelvic-Heart Integration, developed by Jack W. Painter, PhD
- Core Energetics, developed by John C. Pierrakos, MD
- Pesso-Boyden System Psychomotor (PBSP), developed by Albert Pesso and Diane Boyden-Pesso
- Other approaches and systems such as those of William Reich, Carl Jung, Alexander Lowen, Eric Berne…
In Core Strokes, ‘Core‘ stands for our ‘Center of Right Energy‘ and ‘Strokes‘ for the units of recognition (which can be verbal or non-verbal) and the targeted hands-on manipulations, touches and caresses that help us to come out with a new part of ourselves, or an old part of that has been hiding in the body as symptoms. The presence of the therapist should give the client the courage to begin revealing (and become conscious), what is coming to the surface from their inner depths (the Dynamic Ground, which is the seat of the deepest level of the unconscious, the inherited or collective unconscious), to purify and transform it.
” TOUCH AND BE TOUCHED: LEARN TO LIVE WITH AN OPEN AND AVAILABLE HEART! ”
- The originality and effectiveness of the Core Strokes method lies in its ability to integrate techniques of bodywork and verbal expression that will “touch” us deep within, both in our tissues but also in our emotions, our wounds, our basic human needs, our soul.
- Core Strokes allows us to discover to what degree the “blows”, the “spikes” that we receive can hurt us, close us, and how much the “caresses”, the “strokes”, can bring us support, recognition, and allow us to open our heart, or “Core” (our “Center of Right Energy”).
- Core Strokes allows you to learn to express your needs and your emotions, to release your tensions, to let go, to listen and to perceive differently, to give and to receive. Trauma-based protection and defense mechanisms are effectively resolved and integrated, while developing a deep connection with your Authentic Self.
Program of the Training Module III in Core Strokes in Corsica
Core Strokes ™ is a creative, dynamic and ultimately enjoyable way to fully experience the creativity, dynamism and joy of your own life force.
In this third 7-day module, you will learn to contact and release the deep layer of the faciae emotionally, energetically and postural. In dialogue with the pelvis, legs, abdomen and back, you can release unconscious tensions, conflicts and blockages. We look not only at the balance of the pelvis as the “cornerstone” of human architecture, a diaphragm of structural balance, but also as a conception and birth canal, source of strength, vibrancy, grace, healthy aggression and erotic-sensual/ sexual qualities. We explore the whole area with sensitivity and specificity to respectfully and carefully help the deep protective attitudes, as well as the non-felt feelings of trauma become conscious and integrated. We work in progressive increments on adhesions around ankles, knees and hips, as well as the adductors, the deep abdominal muscles, the pressure systems and adhesions in the viscera, the psoas complex and the many deep, intrinsic muscles on the buttock side that are arranged in fans and can hold improbable amounts of energy. In working with the “energetic breath cycle,” we learn how to lift energy to higher levels and connect love and sexuality.
- Bodywork at the level of the fascia: learning new manual techniques of Core Strokes to unlock the deep layer of the myofascial network. Introduction of techniques and strategies for in-depth work
- Work on parts of the body: lower, upper and posterior pelvis
- Work at the level of the personality: focus on the “Core”, transformation of the “Lower Self”, rooting in the “Higher Self”
- Connection of heart / pelvis – Love, eros and sexuality: behind the masks of love, power and wisdom, the art of true connection, relationship, trust and surrender
- Oedipal triangles
- Energy physiology level 3: techniques of “charging” and “discharging” and study of phases 5 to 9 of the energy cycle (model by Dr. Jack Painter)
- Tracking of affective expressions, physical states, verbal statements, fundamental belief systems and internalized prohibitions and commandments
- Deepening the techniques and theoretical lessons of Module II
Educational Means :
- Bodymind exercises and meditations (awakening, awareness, anchoring, breathing, movement, voice, etc.) theoretical contributions
- Demonstrations of individual sessions in large groups
- Supervised practice in small groups and analysis of experiences
- Analysis of the effects of the methods and techniques tested
- Question and answer time
Work outside the classroom :
- Individual therapy sessions in Core Strokes or Postural Integration with a certified practitioner (min. 6 hours)
- Working groups: regular meetings to discuss and practice on the subjects studied during the training with other students
- Study of books and recommended resource articles,
- Personal reflection and evaluation.
Thanks to this module:
- I discover myself more in my depth,
- I integrate new sensorimotor, kinesthetic and audio-visual memories alongside older memories, especially connected to Love, Eros and Sexuality,
- I find more clarity in my personal path,
- In this way I learn to generate realistic, optimistic and satisfying perspectives on myself and on others.
The place in Corsica
This training module is hosted in the magnificent island of Corsica. Springtime is a wonderful time to spend on the Island.
What about the facilitators?
Dirk Marivoet, MSc.
is the main facilitator of this training. He is a certified psychotherapist (ECP) and a licensed psychomotor therapist (University of Leuven), director of the International Institute for Bodymind Integration. He is also a certified trainer and supervisor for all methods of Bodymind Integration (Postural Integration®, Energetic Integration® and Pelvic-Heart Integration®) and a teacher and supervisor of Core Energetics®, a Body Oriented Psychotherapy modality. After more than 35 years of working and teaching, both in the academic, alternative and complementary fields of psychotherapy, he created the Core Strokes ™ approach, which he offers worldwide.
Date and place:
Date: from 12 march 2023 (10 am) – 18 march 2023 (5 pm)
Sophie ANQUETIL – 3 Villa les Elfes, 20214 Calenzana, France
Participation Fees for the workshop:
- NORMAL rate: € 910 (including € 10 for membership of the Usoffiu association)
For rooms 25 € in shared room and 18 € in futon mode in the group room per day
vegetarian, fresh ingredients, organic and local: package 35 € per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)