“More than a training module, this body-mind approach offers you a real transformative experience.”
This Core Strokes training module III is for anyone who successfully participated in module I & II..
What is/are Core Strokes ?
The Core Strokes method was developed by Dirk Marivoet after 30 years of practice and teaching.
This psycho-corporal method combines the theoretical and practical aspects of the following approaches:
- Postural Integration, Energetic Integration and Pelvic-Heart Integration, developed by Jack W. Painter, PhD
- Core Energetics, developed by John C. Pierrakos, MD
- Pesso-Boyden System Psychomotor (PBSP), developed by Albert Pesso and Diane Boyden-Pesso
- Other approaches and systems such as those of William Reich, Carl Jung, Alexander Lowen, Eric Berne…
In Core Strokes, ‘Core‘ stands for our ‘Center of Right Energy‘ and ‘Strokes‘ for the units of recognition (which can be verbal or non-verbal) and the targeted hands-on manipulations, touches and caresses that help us to come out with a new part of ourselves, or an old part of that has been hiding in the body as symptoms. The presence of the therapist should give the client the courage to begin revealing (and become conscious), what is coming to the surface from their inner depths (the Dynamic Ground, which is the seat of the deepest level of the unconscious, the inherited or collective unconscious), to purify and transform it.
” TOUCH AND BE TOUCHED: LEARN TO LIVE WITH AN OPEN AND AVAILABLE HEART! ”
- The originality and effectiveness of the Core Strokes method lies in its ability to integrate techniques of bodywork and verbal expression that will “touch” us deep within, both in our tissues but also in our emotions, our wounds, our basic human needs, our soul.
- Core Strokes allows us to discover to what degree the “blows”, the “spikes” that we receive can hurt us, close us, and how much the “caresses”, the “strokes”, can bring us support, recognition, and allow us to open our heart, or “Core” (our “Center of Right Energy”).
- Core Strokes allows you to learn to express your needs and your emotions, to release your tensions, to let go, to listen and to perceive differently, to give and to receive. Trauma-based protection and defense mechanisms are effectively resolved and integrated, while developing a deep connection with your Authentic Self.
Program of the Training Module III in Core Strokes in the South of France
This third module focuses on the theme “Fostering Pelvic-Heart Unity and Harmonizing the Soul Powers of Love, Eros and Sexuality”
In this third 7-day module, you will learn to contact and release the deep layer of the faciae emotionally, energetically and postural. In dialogue with the pelvis, legs, abdomen and back, you can release unconscious tensions, conflicts and blockages. We look not only at the balance of the pelvis as the “cornerstone” of human architecture, a diaphragm of structural balance, but also as a conception and birth canal, source of strength, vibrancy, grace, healthy aggression and erotic-sensual/sexual qualities. We explore the whole area with sensitivity and specificity to respectfully and carefully help the deep protective attitudes, as well as the non-felt feelings of trauma become conscious and integrated. We work in progressive increments on adhesions around ankles, knees and hips, as well as the adductors, the deep abdominal muscles, the pressure systems and adhesions in the viscera, the psoas complex and the many deep, intrinsic muscles on the buttock side that are arranged in fans and can hold improbable amounts of energy. In working with the “energetic breath cycle,” we learn how to lift energy to higher levels and connect love and sexuality.
- The natural Energetic Wave in Steps: The excited, orgastic, ecstatic, surrendering and relaxing breaths
- Love, Eros and Sexuality: beyond the mask, transforming lower self, grounding in the higher self qualities of love, power and wisdom, the art of true connection, relationship, trust and surrender
- Oedipal triangles
- Work on parts of the body: lower, upper and posterior pelvis,
- Work at the level of the personality: Finding our Center of Right Energy (CORE), transforming “Lower Self”, grounding in “Higher Self”
- Heart / pelvis reconnection
- Energy physiology: charge, discharge, containment, centering, horizontal and vetical grounding…
- Micro-Tracking of affective expressions, physical states, verbal statements, fundamental belief systems and internalized prohibitions and commands,
- Bodymind work at the fascia level: hands-on and hands-off holistic Core Strokes techniques to unlock the deep layer of the myofascial network
- Holistic bodywork techniques: meridian and point work, movement awareness, chakra work, zone/segment de-armoring (release and integration)
- “Reading” the body interactively and phenomenologically
- Working with sexual trauma through “embodied deep listening” and deep bodywork
- Pseudo-solutions: dynamics of submission/dependence, aggression/control, detachment/withdrawal and its effects in the body at the level of structure and posture
- The functional study of areas and parts of the body from a holistic point of view
- Basic needs, deficits and reversals (level 2)
- Neurophysiology: how to create new memories to offer alternatives to old patterns
- The deepening of the techniques and theoretical teachings of module I & II
- Bodymind and bodywork practices (awakening, awareness, anchoring, breathing, movement, voice …)
- Theoretical contributions
- Demonstrations of individual sessions in large groups
- Guided practice in small groups and analysis of experiences
- Analysis of the effects of the methods and techniques tested
- Q&A time
Out of class work
- Individual therapy sessions in Core Strokes with a certified practitioner (min. 6 hours)
- Working group: regular meetings to exchange and practice on the subjects studied during the training with other students
- Study of recommended resource books
- Personal reflection and evaluation
Thanks to this module:
- I discover myself more in my depth,
- I integrate new sensorimotor, kinesthetic and audio-visual memories alongside older memories, especially connected to Love, Eros and Sexuality,
- I find more clarity in my personal path,
- In this way I learn to generate realistic, optimistic and satisfying perspectives on myself and on others.
The place in Baie-de-Somme – Fôret de Crécy
This training module is hosted in the “Baie-de-Somme” – Fôret de Crécy near the Sea in the North-West of France. It is a wonderful small place for maximum 8 people (so be quick if you want to join us).
What about the facilitator?
Dirk Marivoet, MSc.
is founder and director of the IBI (The International Institute for Bodymind Integration). He is a certified psychotherapist (ECP) and certified psychomotor therapist (University of Louvain). He is also a Certified Trainer and Supervisor for Postural Integration, Energetic Integration, Reichian Bodywork and Pelvic-Heart Integration (Jack Painter, PhD) and a Core Energetics Teacher and Supervisor (John Pierrakos, MD). After more than 35 years of clinical and teaching experience, both in the academic (ex-servitio UPC KULeuven), alternative and complementary fields of psychotherapy, he created the Core Strokes approach, which he shares around the world. He lives in Ghent (Belgium).
Date and place:
Date: from 6-12 February, 2023 from 10.00 am to 5pm
Baie-de-Somme (adresse privé)
Participation Fees for the workshop:
- EARLY BIRD : 880 € (before January 6th 2023)
- NORMAL Rate : 930 € (after January 10th 2023)
- €5/day/person for sleeping on a mezzanine and in a tent if people bring their own equipment.
- €20/d/ in a single room. The bathrooms are shared.
- Fresh, local and organic products.
- €40/day/person for the 3 meals.