“More than a training module, this body-mind approach offers you a real transformative experience.”
This Core Strokes workshop can be taken for your personal development. It is also equivalent to module I of the complete Core Strokes training.
What is/are Core Strokes ?
The Core Strokes method was developed by Dirk Marivoet after 30 years of practice and teaching.
This psycho-corporal method combines the theoretical and practical aspects of the following approaches:
- Postural Integration, Energetic Integration and Pelvic-Heart Integration, developed by Jack W. Painter, PhD
- Core Energetics, developed by John C. Pierrakos, MD
- Pesso-Boyden System Psychomotor (PBSP), developed by Albert Pesso and Diane Boyden-Pesso
- Other approaches and systems such as those of William Reich, Carl Jung, Alexander Lowen, Eric Berne…
In Core Strokes, ‘Core‘ stands for our ‘Center of Right Energy‘ and ‘Strokes‘ for the units of recognition (which can be verbal or non-verbal) and the targeted hands-on manipulations, touches and caresses that help us to come out with a new part of ourselves, or an old part that has been hiding in the body as symptoms. The presence of the therapist should give the client the courage to begin revealing (and become conscious), what is coming to the surface from their inner depths (the Dynamic Ground, which is the seat of the deepest level of the unconscious, the inherited or collective unconscious), to purify and transform it.
” TOUCH AND BE TOUCHED: LEARN TO LIVE WITH AN OPEN AND AVAILABLE HEART! ”
- The originality and effectiveness of the Core Strokes method lies in its ability to integrate techniques of bodywork and verbal expression that will “touch” us deep within, in our tissues but also in our emotions, our wounds, our basic human needs, our soul.
- Core Strokes allows us to discover to what degree the “blows”, the “spikes” that we receive can hurt us, close us, and how much the “caresses”, the “strokes”, can bring us support, recognition, and allow us to open our heart, or “Core” (our “Center of Right Energy”).
- Core Strokes allows you to learn to express your needs and your emotions, to release your tensions, to let go, to listen and to perceive differently, to give and to receive. Trauma-based protection and defense mechanisms are effectively resolved and integrated, while developing a deep connection with your Authentic Self.
Program of the training-workshop Core Strokes Module I
In this course, you will discover the many ways in which you prevent yourself from being well-aligned, clear-minded, fully alive, happy and joyful. You will discover how your body and your emotions are important guides in finding your direction in life and inviting the desired change.
The three phases of change in Core Strokes can be summarized as follows: Let be, Let go, Let in.
During the course:
- You will increase your understanding of how blocked energy affects you emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually.
- You will experience powerful energetic, psychological and relational techniques to open the flow of your life force.
- You will release old automatic psychological maps and create meaningful new maps in your body-mind.
- We also introduce “myofascial strokes” (developed over 50 years ago by Jack W. Painter, Ph.D.) which affect the psychosomatic unity of the being down to the deepest tissues of the body (the myofascias/connective tissue). The associated retention patterns and layers of protection (“armor”) in your body transform as you say “yes” to your deeper life stream and truth that reaches all levels of your personality. The transformation is permanent.
Participants testify that this work helps them experience more pleasure and satisfaction, real change and a sense of meaning and connection.
You will acquire several tools that are easily applicable in your daily life:
- A model of a “natural stepwise energy wave” (after Dr. Jack Painter). It helps to regulate energy levels in the system as well as to transform clearly defined blockages that crystallize in the personality and in the body (“character structures”).
- A map of consciousness and a map of personality. They bring an understanding of the defense mechanisms that cloud our core (“CORE”). You will be able to resolve conflicts and relationship issues with yourself and others.
- Practices to increase your body awareness and sensitivity, at your own pace.
- Gestalt exercises and role plays. For example, a dialogue with parts of the body or with important figures in our life (parents, etc.) can be held in order to highlight our “inner drama”.
- During this workshop and this training, others will be your mirrors, stimulating but also supporting what needs to be healed as much as what needs to be revealed.
On a personal level, this workshop and this training will be an opportunity to overcome your wounds and learn to live differently, with an open, strong and available heart. Professionally, it will bring you a new and effective approach, posture and tools in your work with your clients.
This training module is led by Dirk Marivoet, the founder of the Core Strokes method.
About the facilitator
Dirk Marivoet, MSc.
is founder and director of the IBI (The International Institute for Bodymind Integration). He is a certified psychotherapist (ECP) and certified psychomotor therapist (University of Louvain). He is also a Certified Trainer and Supervisor for Postural Integration, Energetic Integration, Reichian Bodywork and Pelvic-Heart Integration (Jack Painter, PhD) and a Core Energetics Teacher and Supervisor (John Pierrakos, MD). After more than 35 years of clinical and teaching experience, both in the academic, alternative and complementary fields of psychotherapy, he created the Core Strokes approach, which he shares around the world. He lives in Ghent (Belgium).
Dates and place :
Dates : From 18 February 2023 (14h) until 24 February (16h) 2023
Venue : Residential in Amara Guest farm, Redford Road The Crags, Plettenberg Bay, 6602, Zuid-Afrika
Rates for accommodation and meals :
- Early Bird – 530 € (before 18 January 2023)
- Tarif Normal – 560 € (after 18 January 2023)
Write Nicole, who is responsible for the organization : email@example.com