“More than a training module, this body-mind approach offers you a real transformative experience.”
This Core Strokes workshop can be taken after successful completion of modules I, II and III of the Core Strokes training.
What is/are Core Strokes ?
The Core Strokes method was developed by Dirk Marivoet after 30 years of practice and teaching.
This psycho-corporal method combines the theoretical and practical aspects of the following approaches:
- Postural Integration, Energetic Integration and Pelvic-Heart Integration, developed by Jack W. Painter, PhD
- Core Energetics, developed by John C. Pierrakos, MD
- Pesso-Boyden System Psychomotor (PBSP), developed by Albert Pesso and Diane Boyden-Pesso
- Other approaches and systems such as those of William Reich, Carl Jung, Alexander Lowen, Eric Berne…
In Core Strokes, ‘Core‘ stands for our ‘Center of Right Energy‘ and ‘Strokes‘ for the units of recognition (which can be verbal or non-verbal) and the targeted hands-on manipulations, touches and caresses that help us to come out with a new part of ourselves, or an old part of that has been hiding in the body as symptoms. The presence of the therapist should give the client the courage to begin revealing (and become conscious), what is coming to the surface from their inner depths (the Dynamic Ground, which is the seat of the deepest level of the unconscious, the inherited or collective unconscious), to purify and transform it.
” TOUCH AND BE TOUCHED: LEARN TO LIVE WITH AN OPEN AND AVAILABLE HEART! ”
- The originality and effectiveness of the Core Strokes method lies in its ability to integrate techniques of bodywork and verbal expression that will “touch” us deep within, both in our tissues but also in our emotions, our wounds, our basic human needs, our soul.
- Core Strokes allows us to discover to what degree the “blows”, the “spikes” that we receive can hurt us, close us, and how much the “caresses”, the “strokes”, can bring us support, recognition, and allow us to open our heart, or “Core” (our “Center of Right Energy”).
- Core Strokes allows you to learn to express your needs and your emotions, to release your tensions, to let go, to listen and to perceive differently, to give and to receive. Trauma-based protection and defense mechanisms are effectively resolved and integrated, while developing a deep connection with your Authentic Self.
Program of the Training Module IV in Core Strokes in Aubenton (F)
Core Strokes ™ is a creative, dynamic and ultimately enjoyable way to fully experience the creativity, dynamism and joy of your own life force. In a Module IV Core Strokes – « Integrate Body-mind-spirit, savour the fruits and rewards of living and discover your life mission »
In this fourth 7-day module, you will learn how to integrate and balance the 3 layers of fascia we distinguish at the emotional, energetic and postural levels. We use the concepts of “tensegrity,” vibrational integrity, refining free expansion and contraction to bring together all dimensions of being (top-down, left-right, back-front, center-periphery, inside-outside) into a flowing and vibrant whole. With bodymind drama (family patterns, triangles, integrative dialogues between bodymind parts through whole images, we explore how to maintain or regain your integrity after difficulties or conflicts and re-create joy, satisfaction and relaxation. After all the meditation, release work, reflection and feedback during the previous phases of the training, the focus in this module is on inner integration and how we can further enrich it. In our interaction with the world, we must continually adapt and redevelop the integration we have developed, while constantly reconnecting with outer reality. From inner integration, structural alignment takes place, the bodymind works in holistic harmony, where long held compensation patterns lose their hold and emergent potential takes place and is realised. Higher levels of arousal, fusion of inner masculine and feminine polarity, non-duality, plateau experiences and insight into your life’s purpose are available for exploration.
- Body work with the fascia: learning specific hands-on techniques of Core Strokes to integrate the 3 layers of the myofascial network, simultaneous with breath, interaction, expression, satisfaction
- Body-mind-spirit integration: Beyond character styles
- Integrating body parts and dimensions: top-down, left-right, back-front, center-periphery, inside-outside
- Energy Physiology Level 4: “charge” and “discharge” techniques and development of phases 5 to 9 of the energy and breath cycle developed by Dr. Jack Painter.
- Transcending Trauma: How to draw strength and wisdom from the most difficult experiences
- Deepening and diversifying the techniques discussed in the previous modules.
- Working with fine energy, assimilating change, centering, the limits of change
Educational Means :
- Bodymind meditations and exercises (awakening, awareness, anchoring, breathing, movement, voice, etc.) theoretical contributions
- Demonstrations of individual sessions in large groups
- Supervised practice in small groups and analysis of experiences
- Analysis of the effects of the methods and techniques tested
- Question and answer time
Work outside the classroom:
- Individual therapy sessions in Core Strokes or Postural Integration with a certified practitioner (min. 6 hours),
- Working group: regular meetings to discuss and practice on the subjects studied during the training with other students,
- Study of books and recommended resource articles,
- Personal reflection and evaluation.
Thanks to this module:
- I enjoy the benefits of this integration and realize that I was made to be able to be happy, caring, resilient and in a state of fully embodied health,
- I realize that my body is the temple of my spirit, that the world is my “home,” and that there is a place for all of my relationships.
The place in Aubenton
This training module is hosted in the North of France in Buirefontaine / Aubenton (Near the Benelux). This place situated in the Thierache region in the heart of nature, is a wonderful place with a large hosting capacity, amazing food, sauna and a nice group room.
What about the facilitators?
Dirk Marivoet, MSc.
is the main facilitator of this training. He is a licensed psychotherapist (ECP) and a psychomotor therapist and physiotherapist (University of Leuven), director of the International Institute for Bodymind Integration. He is also a certified trainer and supervisor for all methods of Bodymind Integration (Postural Integration®, Energetic Integration® and Pelvic-Heart Integration®) and a teacher and supervisor of Core Energetics®, a Body Oriented Psychotherapy modality. After more than 35 years of working and teaching, both in the academic, alternative and complementary fields of psychotherapy, he created the Core Strokes ™ approach, which he offers worldwide.
Date and place:
Date: from November 18th, 2023 from 2pm until November 24th, 2023, 4.00pm
Participation Fees for the workshop:
- NORMAL rate: € 880 (before October 18th 2023)
- NORMAL Rate : 930 € (after October 18th 2023)
In single studio, single room, double room, dormitory or camping space:
A standard stay in a shared 2p bedroom : €56 pp pd. incl. overnight stay, breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 coffee breaks, tea, water and fruit available all day.
vegetarian, fresh ingredients, organic and local